You’d think making this a plural would be a bit of an oxymoron. But how can I choose one when they’re all so amazing? So, with a lot of hard work, I’ve managed to narrow it down to just 10 – 5 canon (together in the book) and 5 who aren’t. However, these are only from books that I’ve read, so don’t worry when there’s no Pride and Prejudice or Romeo and Juliet. Warning, possible spoilers! And make sure you share yours with me too!
5. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter (as if you didn’t know). They were just in love for so long, and it was so nice to see them finally getting together. The kiss in the Chamber of Secrets was the most beautiful kiss I’ve possibly ever seen.
4. Link and Ridley Duchannes from Beautiful Creatures. It probably doesn’t help that these two are my favourite characters in the series. He’s the best kind of best friend, and she’s so sassy and an awesome baddie. So, even though them being a couple is not something you’d expect at first, they’re pure awesomeness makes it work.
3. Rosie Black and Pip from the Rosie Black Chronicles. Pip loves her in the way that everyone deserves to be loved. It may have taken a while for them to warm to each other, but once they did it was beautiful. In fact, that may have been what makes them so perfect
2. Henry and Clare DeTamble from the Time Traveller’s Wife. I want someone to love me like Henry loves Claire. It’s so beautiful. And I like that she grew up with him loving her, I find that really sweet.
1. James and Lily Potter from Harry Potter. If you read any of my fanfiction you’d know how crazy in love I am with them. I hate people who say Lily and Snape are better. The thing that’s so great about James is that he was willing to change for her. Snape just stayed the same, and expected her to get over it. That’s not true love, no matter what he thinks. What James and Lily have, that’s real.
5.Clary Fray and Simon Lewis from City of Bones. I always like it when best friends fall in love. He loves her, why’d she have to go and choose Jace? Keeping in mind I’ve only read the first one, so I don’t know how that relationship all ends. I just think Simon was there for her when Clary was not.
4.Gale Hawthorne and Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. Again, the best friend thing. I really fall for it, okay? Yes, they kissed a few times, and that made me squeal a little. But then she went and chose Peeta. And Gale ran away, so they’re both as bad as each other. Don’t they see they’re in love?
3. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin from Harry Potter. Yes, they are both guys, yes Remus and Tonks are cute, no they’ve never really shown any interest in each other. But fanfiction made me see how perfect they’d be for each other. Their couple name is Wolfstar for Merlin’s sake! Isn’t that just perfect??
2. Adrian Ivashkov and Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy. Okay, yes, this was canon for a while. But not nearly long enough. I like Adrian when he’s got fight in him. In Bloodlines, he loses that too fast. With Rose, I think they’d keep fighting for each, and he wouldn’t lose that spark. Plus she’s so feisty, and I think he brings that out in her.
1. Fletcher Renn and Valkyrie Cain from Skulduggery Pleasant . Again, this was canon for a while. But Valkyrie got bored. How can you get bored of being with Fletcher? He teleports. And he’s cheeky and cute, what’s not to love? Like with a few of the other couples, they have that fight-y, sparky type of relationship. While they don’t think that they can last forever with that, I think they could, and should, make it work.