Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Overrated Book Characters
The characters everyone seems to love, but I just can’t understand why!
- Jace Wayland. Sorry guys, but I’m really not a fan. He thinks way too highly of himself, and he can be really horrible to Clary, which she always forgives… Nope, I’m much more a fan of the cute, lovable guys
- Will Herondale. To me, him and Jace are interchangeable. So see above ^^
- Daemon Black. Obsidian is hugely overrated in my opinion, but particularly because of him. Again, he’s an ass, and I hate that! I have only read the first one though, and I’ve been told he gets better later on
- Aaron Warner. From Shatter Me. I think I still have one book to go, but for the first two he hasn’t done it for me AT ALL. Are we seeing a trend here? I. Don’t. Like. Mean. Guys.
- Etienne St Clair. I don’t hate this guy, but I don’t love him either. I think I was really hyped up for this book from hearing what everyone else had to say, so I was ready to love him. I liked him, but he had a lot of flaws. And not lovable flaws, y’know? Perfect casting though, this guy is GORGEOUS
- Mia Hall. From If I Stay. Everyone says she’s really relatable, and I am proud to say I don’t relate to her at all. How could you even think about choosing to die when you have so many people left living who are waiting for you? And she gets even worse in book two!
- Harry Potter. You all know this is my favourite book series of all time, but I just can’t love the main character. He’s such an idiot! Yeah, he can be sassy which I love, and he’s remarkably nice considering who he grew up with. He’s just so dumb, all the time…
- Sam Roth and Grace Brisbane. I couldn’t choose which one I hated more, so I just went with both the main characters from Shiver. Their romance was ridiculous, and they both made some decisions that had me worried for their mental health
- Katniss Everdeen. Okay, hear me out! I hate love triangles, and by being the one making the love triangle a problem, I can’t like Katniss. She leads both of them on, when it would have been incredibly easy to let them know how she felt. She caused a lot more heartbreak in the trilogy then there ever needed to be
- Tris Prior. I think I’m blaming her for the entire book, which is a bit harsh. I felt like the book wasn’t very well written, so of course Tris ended up not being a very great character. She was tough, and that was good, she just should have been so much better as a character! (you can fight me on this one, I can’t really back up my thoughts very well)
Ta da! My list for this week. I havevn’t done one of these in ages, because the topics just weren’t jumping out at me. I liked this one though. So go on, fight me about it – which characters are you most offended that I don’t like?