September has really been a pretty quiet month for me. I sat down to write this, and has no idea what to even tell you. Things I did include:
- Worked very casual shifts, so hopefully it’ll be full time soon?
- Also babysat a lot
- Went to therapy
- Started getting my camping qualification for Girl Guiding
And that’s, like, it! It was almost painfully quiet! But what I did do was read a lot, so let’s talk about that instead.
At the start of the month, I wrote my September TBR here. And surprisingly, I stuck to it pretty well! Here’s what I read:
- Flawless by Sara Shepard. This is the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series. We finally finished watching it, yay! So I read this to see how different it is
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. See my (mostly negative) review here
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. See my review here. Basically, I loved the world building, but hated everything about Snow’s character
- One Day by David Nicholls. This book made me weep, I loved this relationship, I loved the way it was written, it was just so so good. I’ve heard so many good things, and it really lived up to all my highest expectations
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater. I bought this a while ago, and only just got around to reading it! I’ve read (and loved) the Raven Boys, and this added onto the world in the best way
- I Am Not Esther by Fleur Beale. This is by a New Zealand author, and for some reason I’ve never read it before now! It’s about a girl in a cult, and while it definitely had it’s flaws, it was perfect for the age it was aimed at
Post coming soon for my October TBR. What was the best book you read it September? And what should I read next?
Leave a Reply