Are you ready? I was tagged for this in… July. That’s right, July. So thanks Tables of Content, for that thing you tagged me in a hundred and one years ago!
Here’s how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
What city/country would you like to travel to next?
I have an intense need to travel absolutely everywhere, and it’s a bit of a problem. Next, though, I’d love to do a road trip around Europe. Paris and London would be the highlights I think!
What book(s) are currently on your nightstand?
I’ve actually just been to the library, so the books on my floor are Court of Mist and Fury, More Happy Than Not, and Siege and Storm
What do you find most rewarding about blogging?
Anything that affects someone else’s life in a positive way is amazing to me. Whether it’s the friends I’ve made, or a post that someone who felt alone can relate to, or support for someone who feels attacked, I love knowing I’ve done something small to help someone else
Any advice to new bloggers?
Do it for you, not for anyone else! The hardest thing is trying to strike a balance between those popular posts, and the posts you love but no one else does. Don’t worry, you’ll find people that love what you write, and if you stick to posts that make you happy, instead of writing about the latest trend, you’ll keep being inspired!
What is the craziest/wildest/most adventurous trip or journey you’ve taken?
I spent 5 weeks in America, and every part of that was amazing and insane. Vegas was probably the most crazy, the entire city is like a big party all the time
Three songs you always have on your travel playlist:
My mood changes all the time, and my songs change along with that. But, more vaguely, I always have;
- A song I know all the words to (maybe a throwback)
- A song that’s tricky to learn all the words to (to learn on those long road trips)
- Whatever song I’m most in love with at the time (currently something from the Hamilton soundtrack)
What is one book you are secretly embarrassed you haven’t read yet?
I’m way behind on my Cassandra Clare reading, and I need to catch up. I’ve only recently finished the Mortal Instruments, and still need to read the Bane Chronicles, Lady Midnight, and the Infernal Devices… Oops!
Do you have or want any pets?
I have a cat, but I desperately want a dog (sorry cat)
What are your favorite types of blog posts to write?
I actually love controversial posts, because they always spark a discussion. I love the interaction with the people who read my posts, so the more people who want to interact, the better
Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
I guess a planner? I don’t have the means to just up and go to places, or the kinds of people that would do that with me. Living in New Zealand and not having a driver’s licence really limits the places I can spontaneously go to
Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
I HATE this question (sorry)! It depends on the situation. I can’t be positive all the time, that’s unrealistic. Sometimes you just need to be sad. And also, more literally, if someone is drinking from the glass it’s half empty, but if they’ve just poured something into it it’s half full
I nominate these lovely and inspirational people:
- Naomi Rowan
- A Drop of Serendipity
- The Hermit Librarian
- Jenny in Neverland
- Betwixt the Pages
- Hideaway Girl
- One Way or an Author
- Bookmark Chronicles
- Blog filled with thoughts
- Pages Unbound
- And, you know, the usuals; Blog Squad, all of you, etc
My questions for you:
- What’s something you’d love to write about on your blog but never could?
- If you could be best friends with any living person in the world, who would it be?
- Okay, what about someone who isn’t living?
- Would you rather have a brother or a sister?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What gender stereotype do you proudly conform to?
- What’s the worst question you could possibly be asked in this sort of tag?
- What are you most in love with on your body right now? (could be clothes, accessories, body part, tattoo, whatever!)
- What app could you not live without?
- What’s the weather like right now? Are you happy with it, or could it be better?
- What’s the best thing you’ve done this week?