Obviously Bookmark Chronicles knows me too well, because they’ve set me the challenge of this near-impossible Harry Potter quiz. Don’t get me wrong, my knowledge is good, but I’ll be very surprised if I get all of these right… Feel free to test yourself too! I’m going to be breaking this up into a couple of parts, so check back for the rest of my answers.
- How long did Oliver Wood say the longest Quidditch match was? Months? Weeks? I really have no idea
- What spell did Malfoy use on Neville, that made him have to bunny hop to Gryffindor Tower? Locomotor mortum, or something similar. I want to say petrificus totalus, but I know that’s for the whole body!
- How old is Nicholas Flamel? Very? Like… 312?
- What are the special properties of the Sorcerer’s Stone? Unlimited gold and unlimited life (although your life is cursed)
- What is the name of the centaur who saves Harry in the forbidden forest? Firenze I think!
- Finish this line from Professor Quirrell: “There is no good and evil, there is only…” Power and those too weak to seek it.
Chamber of Secrets:
- What creature did Lockhart set lose on his first day teaching at Hogwarts? Cornish pixies (I love it when I’m actually confident in an answer)
- What diversion was created to get ingredients for Polyjuice Potion out of Snape’s office? No heat/wet start Filibuster’s fireworks
- Who filled in as headmaster when Dumbledore was asked to step aside? McGonagall? I don’t remember, but that seems likely
- What is the name of Aragog’s wife? Uhhhhh….
- Name everyone who had been petrified by the basilisk. Okay, let’s see if I can do them in order… Mrs Norris, then Colin Creevey, then Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, then Penelope and Hermione. Right?
Prisoner of Azkaban:
- What did Ron give Harry for his 13th birthday? A broomstick care kit (or was that Hermione?)
- Why was Sirius Black sent to Azkaban? For Peter Pettigrew’s murder of 13 (12?) people in a busy street
- Which department within the Ministry of Magic deflated Aunt Marge after Harry left? The memory one?
- What are Crabbe and Goyle’s first names? Vincent and Gregory
- What is Madam Pomfrey’s first name? Well…
- What did Snape call Hermione when he substituted for Professor Lupin? “An insufferable little know it all”
- Who is the new Hufflepuff Seeker? Oops, this is my house, I should know that one!
- Who is the Ravenclaw Seeker? Cho Chang (or is she a chaser?). If not her, it’s Roger Davies, the captain…
- What do O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. stand for? Ordinary Wizarding Levels and Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests
So, how did I do? In number 1, I got 4/6, so not bad at all, yay! 4/5 for Chamber of Secrets too, which is impressive considering that’s how many I answered. 5/9 for PoA, so a little disappointing. I hope all of you are shaking your head at my Hufflepuff answer, after reading it I want to punch myself… That’s 13/20 for part 1!
Have any of you done this quiz? How did you do? Let me know! And come back tomorrow for the next part