What is the Finding Our Feet Project?
Finding our Feet is a project created by Em from Adventures of a Lost Teen, with the help of me and Eve from Twist in the Taile. It is a project that aims to unite the teens/young people of the blogosphere by creating a video comprising of short messages of advice/support for other teens with the theme of the struggles of growing up and finding our place in the world.
Why should I participate?
Well, that’s a very valid question. Being a teenager is hard. We face many hardships and struggles throughout our teenage years, not only from the process of growing up it’s self but with the added pressure and expectations provided by our parents, schools and just society in general.
Sometimes we just need to be reminded that we are not alone. And that’s what this project aims to do. We hope that the end product – a YouTube video – will serve as a reminder that no matter where you are in the world, the teen blogosphere is always here to support you. But to do this we need YOUR help; the Finding Our Feet project will be made by, for you (Victoria, Eve and I will be editing and putting it all together for you) so why not get involved?
How can I get involved?
It’s actually very simple! All you need to do to get involved in this project is:
- Film a 10-20 second clip of your feet walking. (Sound will be edited out so don’t worry about that)
- Write a short message of advice/support to teens OR you can choose a quote you find particularly inspirational
- Send both of these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July
For example, this could be my contribution:
Message: “never let other people tell you your dreams are impossible” (the message will be edited to appear on the screen whilst the video is playing).
- You can use any type of camera you like, even your phones, as long as it has video-taking capability.
- Please film your video in landscape mode instead of portrait.
- Try to find the most unique/interesting place to walk as possible (for example you could walk through the sea, walk across sand or grass etc – be creative, just don’t do anything dangerous!!)
- Send your video as an attachment in the email – you do not need to upload it to YouTube first, I just did so I could use it as an example.
- Send your message in written form and we’ll display it with your video clip in the final video.
How is this all going to come together?
Well, what we are going to do is edit all your videos and messages together and produce one huge, supportive video for the whole teen blogosphere to access and enjoy. The final product will be uploaded on Em is Lost at some point in August! All that’s left to say is that we need as many people as possible to participate and get this project to work so please spread the word!!
If you have any further questions(or ideas!) don’t hesitate to contact us:
Via email: email@example.com
Via Twitter: @em_is_lost99 @Addlepates @appletaile
Or comment below!
Thank you for reading and we hope you’ll join us in our project!!