Oh yay, another slow reading month… Fingers crossed for July? I read 4 and a half books this month, which isn’t bad, but way less than what I wanted.
- Magyk by Angie Sage was my half. I started it in May, and read the majority in June. I reviewed it here
- All the Feels by Danika Stone was a book I read and reviewed as part of the Sunday Street Team, and I couldn’t stop gushing about how much I liked it. Liv is me in practically every way
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov was a book I had to read for school, and it was… Interesting. There’s going to be a review soon, I can’t explain my feelings about it in only a couple of sentences
- A Work In Progress by Connor Franta is the second audiobook I’ve listed to, and written by one of my favs. Review for this one coming soon too!
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell has given me my latest OTP. Simon and Baz are both gorgeous, beautiful people who I love so very much. Review hopefully soon for this one too, I haven’t written it yet!
You might remember at the beginning of the year when I signed up for way too many challenges. Here’s how I did this month;
The E-Book Challenge. I had 12/20 complete at the end of May, and this month only got me up by one. All the Feels was an ebook, hooray! That’s 13/20 complete
The Flights of Fantasy Challenge I was up to 13/20 in May, and this month got me another two. Magyk and Carry On are both fantasy books, so I have 15/20 complete. So close!
Rock My TBR 24/35 complete in May, and none this month… I don’t count books I’ve gained this year, or rereads, and although I had one of each, my count doesn’t go up any higher
Finishing the Series has had none complete so far. This month, nothing has changed… I really need to get onto that!
Finally, the Popsugar challenge, which I’d read 21/50 for last month. This month I’ve got myself up to 24/50, so nearly halfway there, woop woop!
I used Lolita as a classic from the 20th century, A Work In Progress as written by a celebrity, and Carry On as guaranteed to bring me joy, because it’s written by one of my favourite authors.
I posted 17 times this month, which was a lot less than last month, but still really impressive! I really need to stop giving myself so much pressure to post every day, but I get so close… My favourite posts included the Proud To Be Proud tag, which I really recommend everyone does, and a rant about Orlando, because I usually don’t rant at all. There were also the usual bunch of tags, book reviews, discussions, memes, etc etc. It was a really good month!
I posted a lot on my brand new Instagram as well, although not as much as I should have. I tried to do a month-long challenge, but I only lasted 14 days. Not bad, but I wanted to do so much better! Maybe this month? Although I’m writing this on the 1st, and there’s no photos even taken yet, let alone posted…
The Month In General
Probably the most exciting thing I did was the 40 Hour Famine, which I explained to you all here. It was really fun, and I managed to raise over $100! I also spent a lot of time with my friends, which I really loved. We went out to dinner twice, and went to a party (guys, I am a grown woman now), and I saw Finding Dory, and just in general it was a really good time. I feel all soppy and lovey about it, tee hee 😛
I was stupidly busy though, and not in a good way. I’m so close to having everything done, but not QUITE there, gah. I can’t wait for this term to be over!
How was your month, friends? Tell me everything! What did you read? What did you post? And what do you have planned for this month?