Don’t worry, I’m not going to do another one of those “oh, wow, it’s this month already?” Although I am thinking it.
This month was pretty successful, and I’m really happy about that! I managed to get ten and a half books read, which is pretty impressive, and a huge improvement on last month. I even managed to almost catch up on my Goodreads goal, so I am basically a superstar. I read;
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, even though I started it on the last day of March
- What We Left Behind, an interesting book about a gender non-conforming person
- Queen of Shadows, the latest in the Throne of Glass series
- Someone Like Him, a fairly average free book I wanted off my Kindle
- Ignite Me, the ending of the Shatter Me trilogy
- Nowhere To Be Found, easily the worst book I’ve read all year
- Number The Stars, a WWII throwback to my childhood
- Lost Friday, a really interesting sci-fi and part of my readathon
- Famous Last Words, the second part of my readathon and a cute contemporary
- The Reflections of Queen Snow White, an original retelling
- The Bookshop That Floated Away, a jumpy story of a bookshop on a boat
And yes, these books did fit some challenges! Let’s see how I did…
You might remember at the beginning of the year when I signed up for way too many challenges. I updated you all in March, and now here I am with another update!
The E-Book Challenge. By March, I had 7/12 complete. I know I did really well this month, so I’m probably close to finishing it! I read Someone Like Him, Ignite Me, Nowhere To Be Found, Lost Friday, AND Queen Snow White all on my Kindle. That gets me up to 12/12, yayyyy!!! I’ll have to up that challenge for next month, I think up to 20
The Flights of Fantasy Challenge had 8/10 complete at the end of March. I’ve far surpassed this, so I think I’ll put this one up to 20 as well. I read Harry Potter, Queen of Shadows, Ignite Me, and Queen Snow White, so I have 12/20 complete. GUYS, I am doing so well with these challenges!!!
Rock My TBR 14/12, another one I put up, this time to 35. All of my books this month were ones that I owned, but I’m not counting Harry Potter since it was a re-read. So I’ve got 24/35 complete. Hmm, I might have to put this up again next month…
Finishing the Series has had none complete so far. This month I finally contributed to the challenge!
Finally, the Popsugar challenge… In March, I’d completed 16/50. Now, I’m up to …
Someone Like Him – under 150 pages
Nowhere To Be Found – translated to English
Reflections of Queen Snow White – based on a fairytale (I swapped Cinder to dystopian)
That gets me up to 18/50! Not as good as previous months, but I’m getting there
Like I said before, I did Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, and that went pretty well! It was so much fun, and I can’t wait to do it bigger and better in October. I also had two weeks of school, so I had a lot of free time. And what did I do with it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
I did get back into my YouTube channel though, so yay for that! It’s nothing to do with books, but I would still love you if you checked it out.
And now, onwards to May! It’s my birthday month, so I am very excited. I’ll be 18, a real, grown up adulty person. That’s very scary, but I love birthdays, so that’s okay!
How did your April go? Any success on your challenges? What are you most looking forward to in May?