Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Books That Make You Laugh
- Georgia Nicolson Diaries by Louise Rennison. I’ve read these books so many times, and they always have me in tears of laughter. Georgia is such a numpty, and I love it
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan. Grover’s sense of humour is exactly my sense of humour – lame jokes that are totally innappropriate for the moment. Yeah, all of them crack pretty similar jokes, but Grover is my absolute favourite.
“Let us find the dam snack bar,” Zoe said. “We should eat while we can.”
Grover cracked a smile. “The dam snack bar?”
Zoe blinked. “Yes. What is funny?”
“Nothing,” Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. “I could use some dam french fries.”
Even Thalia smiled at that. “And I need to use the dam restroom.”
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. “I do not understand.”
“I want to use the dam water fountain,” Grover said.
“And…” Thalia tried to catch her breath. “I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”
3. Skuduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. Skulduggery is full of sarcasm, and again, great jokes at the wrong moment. You never quite know if his stories are truth or made up, or if he’s ever serious about anything4. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. To be completely honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of these books. But they are so fantastical that they’re bound to make at least one of you guys laugh
5. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Humour isn’t exactly what I think of when I think of these books, but Artemis’ completely inapptitude at life is hilarious. He’s a genius, of course, but that doesn’t mean he always says the right thing
“Butler could kill you a hundred different ways without use of his armoury. Though I’m sure one would be quite sufficient.”
6. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Alright, I don’t like Jace (fight me). He can still make me laugh! And I’m sure loads of you are in love with him for some reason…
7. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. One word for you – Augustus. He’s such a dork, it makes me giggle
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. JAMIE MY LOVE. He’s like Augustus, not exactly funny, just a cute little dork
“Catholics don’t believe in divorce. We do believe in murder. There’s always confession, after all.”
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Rose is sassy, and comes out with the greatest lines. It’s Adrian who really gets me though – like Skulduggery, you never know if he’s serious or not, but it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s not
10. All of Rainbow Rowell’s books. I feel like a lot of these laughs are “that’s so me” laughs, particularly when it comes to Fangirl
Here’s hoping you guys appreciate that I went to the effort of finding the perfect quote for every book. It wasn’t easy, you know! Which quote was your favourite? And more importantly, what books would you recommend for me to add to my list?