I got this idea from Liam’s Library, so thanks! Basically, for something a bit different on the blog, we just go on Goodreads, randomly generate a book on one of my shelves then associate a song to go along with the book that’s selected.
Ready? Let’s go!
- The End of the World by Derek Landy. This was actually probably the hardest of the five I’ve picked, and I’m not entirely happy with my answer… I’ve chosen We Are Young by Fun. Because Valkyrie is young, and she’s trying to hide this secret life from her parents. And there’s always Skulduggery there, to “carry her home tonight”.
- Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis. Need You Tonight by INXS. It doesn’t really apply to the book as such, more my undying love for this gorgeous Prince… I had a lot of songs to choose from for this one, so I thought I better get a song from my other true love, Michael Hutchence. Even though one is fictional, and the other one dead…
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman. MMXIV by Troye Sivan. He wrote it for the Fault In Our Stars, a book about love and loss. And I think this book has the same sorts of themes going on (even though it’s nowhere near as good)
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. After a lot of consideration, I’ve finally chosen One Week by the Barenaked Ladies, to describe Jace and Clary’s relationship. There’s always something going wrong with those two, but you just know it’ll be fine in the end
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I’m Gonna Be by the Proclaimers. Adrian and Sydney would do anything for each other, and Adrian in particular is so sure the relationship is going to last forever, even this early in the book. So this song is perfect I think!
This isn’t really a tag, but since I stole it from someone else, I guess I can tag any of you to do the same? Go for it, just make sure you give Liam credit! And, as per usual, let me know your thoughts – can you think of better songs for some of these books?
Also, a note: I am THE WORST, and haven’t been at all active enough. Hopefully I’ll fix this soon, but it won’t be daily posts anymore! I’m just not feeling inspired, and I feel like I shouldn’t have to force it