Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
2015 Releases We Meant To Get To But Didn’t
Oops, way too many… I’m trying my best to catch up this year!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas. I was obsessed with this series during 2015, falling head over heels in love with Celaena. But for some reason I never finished it off! I talked about this book in my most recent Exploring My Bookshelves
- Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I was constantly being bombarded with amazing reviews on this book on my newsfeed. And did I pick it up? Why, of course not, what sort of sensible person would do that?
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Why is there another YA Rowell book that I don’t have in my hands?!? Am I mentally okay???
- Confess by Colleen Hoover. Another one I felt like I was being bombarded with. The difference with this one, though, is that I’d already heard of how great the author is. And I haven’t read anything by her!
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. Despite always getting this confused with Confess (I don’t know why), I really wish I’d made the time to read this!
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I read Shadow and Bone last year, and I liked it, but I didn’t love it. I guess that’s part of the reason I didn’t pick this up, even though I heard it was better!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I read almost all of Throne of Glass, and couldn’t pick this up? Just because there’s no Celaeana, doesn’t mean I won’t love it!
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I remember getting really into the hype for this, even doing a book tag about it, and following the author on Twitter. Oops!
- Magonia by Maria Headley. My favourite cover of 2015 to be honest. I just have no idea what’s actually inside it…
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This was one of my #1 picks to read in 2015. It sounds amazing, people have said it’s amazing, it’s exactly my kind of book. I don’t know what happened to me!
- All the YouTuber looks, including Tyler Oakley’s, Joe Sugg’s, Connor Franta’s, etc. To be fair, I didn’t become really into these YouTubers until closer to the end of the year. But almost all of my favs have written books, and the only one I’ve read is Dan and Phil’s!
Wait, you said only ten? Oops… Look, it was around 17 to start with, be impressed I got it down to this many! Obviously, all of these books are top priority for 2016. What do you think I should read first?