That’s right, it’s that awful time of year again. We need our New Year’s resolutions, we need to work out what we want to read (and how much we want to read). School will be starting up again soon in New Zealand, so I need to start working out how to manage all of that. It’s hard work! But, I’ll be way more mad if I leave this for too long, and don’t have a solid plan for what I’m doing. SO, without further ado, my 2016 reading challenges:
- The E Book Challenge. This one is incredibly simple. Read as many e books as you can! I have so many that I leave unread, it’s getting insane… So I’m aiming for at least one a month on this challenge
- Flights of Fantasy. Again, pretty simple. Read as many fantasy books as you can! I’m aiming for ten minimum, but I plan to revisit all these challenges in the middle of the year, so my number might change then
- Rock My TBR. This is the one I’m most excited about! Reading books that we own, but haven’t read yet. These can be ones we own now, or ones we buy at any point in the year. I have so many of these it’s not funny… The challenge is to read at least one a month, and I’m going to stick with that
- Finishing the Series. Finish as many series as you can. This can be starting completely new ones, or finishing ones you only have one book left to read. I want to finish three series – which ones they are is yet to be decided…
- Popsugar 2016. Honestly, this is the one I’m dreading the most… This one challenges us to read really specific books, to “broaden our horizons”. I’m a reader who likes to stick with what I know. HOWEVER, if I fail at this, I don’t mind! I’ll do my best, but I’m not going to pick something up that I know I’ll hate just so I can complete a challenge, or ignore books I’m really excited about reading to read one of these books. I will do my best though. When I do the mid-year check in I mentioned, I’ll probably plan out what I haven’t read yet
I know, I’m being incredibly ambitious this year! But in a lot of cases, I could read one book that will count for all my challenges (and that’s completely within my rules).
If you have any recommendations that fit any of these challenges, please let me know! There are some that I’m going to really struggle with, so if you know something you think I’d enjoy, I will love you FOREVER. Also, tell me what you’ve challenged yourself to do!