Wait, it’s the end of the year ALREADY?!? How could this possibly be? Oh, it feels like only yesterday 2015 was just beginning… Sigh!
Anyway, with the end of the year comes A LOT of reminiscing of all the amazing things we read, saw, experienced, etc etc. And the amazing Perpetual Page Turner makes the reminiscing a lot easier with her end of year book survey. So thanks!
Number Of Books You Read: 98. Annoying close to my goal of 105!
Number of Re-Reads: 15. Which is way more than I was expecting! To be fair, quite a few were books I didn’t remember at all, so was re-reading to refresh my memory and write a review
Genre You Read The Most From: I’m going to completely cop out and say young adult. I don’t know more specifically than that!
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Let’s be honest, I can’t narrow this down. Check out my Top Ten Tuesday I did over here
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
We Were Liars. So many people raved about it, but it wasn’t that good in my opinion. Actually, to be completely honest, I kind of hated it…
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Darkest Part of the Forest. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did – it was my first ever 5 star read!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t really do this too often… But Gone Girl is probably the one I recommended most
- Best series you started in 2015? Outlander. I’ve read the first two books in that series now, and I just keep loving Jamie more and more
- Best Sequel of 2015? The Golden Son or the Exiled Queen. Both fabulous series!
- Best Series Ender of 2015? The Ruby Circle, ending the Bloodlines series. I can’t believe it’s over!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Sarah J Maas. Okay, so maybe I’ve only read her Throne of Glass series… But I am head over heels for that book, so I have utter faith her other books will be just as good!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I Am Malala – I usually don’t read autobiography’s (or biography’s? Which is which?)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Definitely Red Rising. I read this as a group read on Goodreads, and it had me completely hooked!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Potentially Legend, because I want to carry on with that series, but I’m not sure I remember enough of the first one
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Heir, hands down. The Selection series is beautiful, and the newest addition was no exception
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Celaena Sardothian – and yes, I have to say her full name. Otherwise you can’t get the full impact of her bad assery
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Shatter Me series. Her writing style is so pretty and unique. I know she made it into one or two Thursday Quotables!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I Am Malala. This woman – not even a woman, this teenager, is changing the world. And through this book, I got to witness that
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Percy Jackson series. I know, I know, why did I leave it so long? I loved it though!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
Just… “Sassenach.” Oh, how I want to be Jamie’s Sassenach! Or “bin child” from AmazingPhil’s book. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life 😛
Really, though, it would have to be this one:
“The world is soundless. We cannot hear, but a pack of wolves does not need words to know that it is time to hunt”
It honestly sends shivers down my spine every time I read it
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest was Goddess by Dakota Kemp at 108 pages. Longest was Outlander, at 864 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Gone Girl. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you saw this coming – the plot twist in Gone Girl blew. My. Mind.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
ALEC AND MAGNUS. Okay, so I read City of Lost Souls (#5), and if you’ve read that… Don’t touch me, okay? I just… ALEC AND MAGNUS. FIGHT ME.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The Septembers from the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. There are four of them, but I think that should still count. They’re inseparable, and also have the best friendship you could ever ask for
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Landline. Let’s be honest, everything Rainbow Rowell writes is gonna be good. This did not disappoint!
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Shiver and The Raven Boys. The author was recommended to me countless times, so I thought I better get around to reading some of her books
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Alec and Magnus from the Mortal Instruments, Chaol and Dorian and Celaena from Throne of Glass, Jamie from Outlander, literally all of the Raven Boys… Wait, was I meant to pick just one?
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Ahhh… Umm… Four of these have already made other favourite-related answers, so how can I choose? I’m going to go with Never Never, just because I haven’t used it for an answer yet
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I did re-read Harry Potter, so… The Paper Magician was also very well done
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares. These two are the darn cutest!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
All the Bright Places. I just… Can we not talk about this please? I’m still not over it
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Camelot Shadow. I got it for free, and fell in love
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Clash of Kings. The entire Game of Thrones series (tv show and books) is soul-crushing. EVERYONE dies, and it hurts my heart
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I didn’t particularly enjoy either of them, but unique is certainly the best word to describe them…
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Sisterhood Everlasting. It really let down such an amazing series. Also the Duff. I HATED that main character. Get it together, woman!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I can’t say one specific blog, but bloggers I have a whole list. The Blog Squad, obviously! Elly, Anne (who I was even brave enough to Skype), Em, AOT, Sherina, Michelle… Too many to name, and I’m in love with them all! Oh, and of course the new group, the Fangirl Society. Including gems such as these messages:
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I’m kind of not happy with any of my reviews… Things will be a-changing next year review-wise. Because my format is getting so boring!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I did my first really serious post called Let’s Be Game Changers. I think the message is so important, and people reacted really enthusiastically to it!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. It was hard work, but so much fun!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Becoming a co-blogger with Cheyenne. It’s so cool becoming part of another blog! Or doing way way wayyyy better than I expected with my comments, followers, etc. The number of followers goes up every day, and I am eternally grateful for that. As of today, I have 326. This time last year I had under 100!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Being away for five weeks, and having Chloe here for five weeks before that. I lost so much of my free time, and I didn’t realise how much I dedicated to blogging! But, no offence, I’d do it all again (little snapshot to show you how amazing it was). Oh, also trying to do a Christmas post every day leading up to Christmas in December. That’s NOT happening again, let me tell you
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
By views, it was my Best of Young Adult series I did really early in January, specifically the contemporary one. Also my book discussion on the perfect guy, which was again really early in the year. This wasn’t at all what I was expecting, that’s so weird…
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of my Exploring My Bookshelves posts! They have got a lot more popular, and for that I love you guys. But getting even more popular would be amazing
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Can I say the Blog Squad again? Otherwise Dewey’s Readathon, because that’s something I can see myself getting addicted to
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did a post on this just a little while ago, talking about how well I did. Check it out here
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Queen of Shadows. Why I haven’t read it, I have no idea. But I need to get back into this world ASAP
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating To Read For 2016?
Attachments maybe? Binge? A Work In Progress? Shizzle Inc? Carry On? There are so many I’m desperate to read, I can’t choose just one
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I did a post on it here, but number one is probably This Is Where It Ends
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
I’m not sure if this means debut or not – so for non-debut, I’m going to say City of Heavenly Fire. I’m excited but upset about finishing this series. For debut, it’s obviously Morning Star, the final of the Red Rising series. I’m in love with these books!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I’ll be doing a whole post on my resolutions on the 5th with Top Ten Tuesday, so watch out for that!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone
I haven’t read any yet! I don’t really read arcs 😦
Holy hell this post was hard work. There’s a reason I do short posts you guys… But it was really fun reflecting on everything! Send me a link to all of your end of year things, let me know what I should read in 2016, argue with any and all of my opinions. And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for an amazing 2015 – let’s do it all again next year!