Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Best of 2015
Because that’s not difficult at all! I’m going to do this by ratings on Goodreads, even though that’s mostly just based on how I felt about it at the time.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – 5 stars. I didn’t even have to check to know that this would be number one. This is definitely the best book I’ve read this year – it blew my mind!
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black – 5 stars. I fell in love with this book from page one. I whizzed through it, but for some reason haven’t read anything else by the author yet…
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – 5 stars, and so many tears. Seriously, this made me weep like a little girl!
- Red Rising and Golden Son by Pierce Brown – 5 stars. I was thrown into this world, and I hated coming out. This author is a tiny bit magic, and his world building is phenomenal
- Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas – 4 stars. Celaena Sardothian is my life. She wins number one spot for best heroine this year. She’s bad ass and fabulous
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi – 4 stars. This author has the coolest, most creative writing style. I think it’s the kind of thing you’ll love or you’ll hate. Personally, I loved it!
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai – 4 stars. I’m not exaggarating when I say this book changed my life. At the very least, it changed the way I look at the world. Malala is a blessing to this world, and I aspire to be as amazing as she is
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell – 4 stars. My favourite author! But this time, an adult book. The couple in this is one of my new favourites ever
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys – 4 stars. I didn’t know anything about Russia during the war until this book. I’m pretty into my history, so I was shocked I didn’t know anything about this side to World War 2. It was so interesting!
- Sisterhood series by Ann Brashares – 4 stars (each). I read this series all in a row, and I don’t regret it for a second. The friendship these girls have is so great, and makes me wish to be part of their group. Plus, it’s way better than the movie!
Of course, there’s so many more books that stood out that I can’t add on here. I cheated enough putting series together! I love doing things like this, because some of these I forgot about, and now I’m remembering how in love with them all I am! Too soon for a re-read?
As usual, send me a link to your Top Ten’s. Or just tell me, what’s the best book you’ve read this year? Do we have any in common?