Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
The Non One-Hit Wonders
What authors sophomore novels were just as good (if not better) than their debut novels? Most of these are series, but I think that counts!
- Kiera Cass. Her books go up and down in levels of how good they are. The Selection and The Heir were fantastic, so I count that one of her later novels being better than her second and third
- Sarah J Maas. Everything she writes is perfect, so…
- Rainbow Rowell. Ditto ^^ I’m not sure which novels were in which order of publication, but I love all of them
- Pierce Brown. Golden Son is just as good as Red Rising. I haven’t finished yet, but by the time this posts I will have!
- Jacqueline Wilson. Again, don’t know exact publication dates, but everything she’s written is perfect
- Dr Suess. Ditto Jacqueline Wilson
- Rick Riordan. I actually enjoyed the Kane Chronicles more than the Percy Jackson series when I first read them
- Michael Morpurgo. I feel like all my authors are the same… Again, all very fantastic
- John Marsden. His Tomorrow books were the best, but once I started branching out and reading his other stuff, I realised that this series wasn’t the only good thing he’s written
- Marian Keyes. Literally of her writing is perfect. All. Of. It.
I feel like this list wasn’t as exciting as it could have been… Oh well, there it is! What was on your list? Hopefully some better authors!