Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Wishes I Want the Book Genie To Grant Me
- More money. Only to spend on books, of course. I don’t think the genie can afford to buy me plane tickets
- Instant release dates. None of this waiting around rubbish for our movies and books. When they’re announced, they’re on the shelves at once
- More books from J.K. Rowling. And a lot of other authors, but she’s one of my favourites
- Author meet and greets. I know some of you get this already, but I’ve never met a really successful author. I would love to be able to get my favourite books signed! Even meeting smaller authors in person would be amazing (the picture is a comic book convention, but you get the idea)
- Good casting. I think fans should be able to choose who plays who in adaptations of our favourite books
- Cheaper books. It costs at least $25 for a “real” book here, around $40 if you want it hard cover. I read cheap e-books, and I go to the library, but it’s just not the same as having your shelves filled with beautiful matching series
- Free shipping. New Zealand is too far away from everything, shipping costs A LOT
- The ability to read faster. There are way too many books in the world, I don’t have time to waste!
- The ability to write faster (and better!). The more writing I can get done, the better. Again, no time to waste if I ever want to get something published
- Signed copies. This goes with #4 in a way; I want my favourite authors to personalise their books to me. I would just love to have them as part of my collection
So, there’s my list for this week! What wishes do you want granted? Send me a link to your posts!