Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Favourite Places To Read
Technically it’s a freebie, so I just chose a topic that they’ve already done. Because I’m un-creative like that.
Places I’ve Really Read
- My bed is my favourite. It’s all shmuphy (that’s a word now) and warm
- The beach. Even though I get sunburned, it’s worth it
- Bookshops. I take it as a compliment to the author if you need to stop and sit down to read your favourite passage
- The library. It’s always so warm and quiet and nice
- A plane. Because you know you’re on your way to somewhere exciting, AND you get to do fun things!
Places I Wish I Could Read
- Any sort of book nook. Seriously, all the ones I’ve seen look so cool! They’re always full of cushions, and they’re great
- A lilo in the pool/sea. I’ve always been too scared of dropping my book to try that
- A hammock. Our one falls over if you move even slightly, so I’ve never managed to really enjoy a book. Yes, she’s at the beach as well… It’s not cheating!
- In a tree/tree house. I’m too uncoordinated to climb trees well, and I’ve never found the perfect one
- In someone else’s bed. Wait, hear me out! Not because of what you think. But you know how cuddling is the best thing ever? Imagine being all snuggled up in your duvet, with his (or her) arms around you, falling asleep together to the beautiful words of Harry Potter…
So, there are my top ten! What did you choose this week? Where do you read the most often? And where do you really wish you could read?