Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Authors I Would Love To Meet
- J.K. Rowling. Obviously. I want writing advice from her, and to know the fates of all her characters
- Rainbow Rowell. TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO ELEANOR AND PARK
- Laura Ingalls Wilder. Or anyone historical, I guess. Their lives would be so interesting
- Chris Higgins. She created JEM. How do you do such amazing characters? I want her to teach me her ways
- Beatrix Potter. She basically got me into reading, and I’d like to thank her for that. I mean, she did also make me insane… Look at that picture! That was my favourite story!
- Malorie Blackman. I am so so in love with this woman. I adore the idea of Noughts and Crosses, and Boys Don’t Cry made me (ironically) cry
- Maya Angelou. I generally hate poetry, but Still I Rise is one of the greatest things I’ve ever read. It made me feel something, just like poetry is supposed to do. So I’d like to meet her and find out her story; what made her feel so strongly about those things?
- Jacqueline Wilson. Another woman who shaped my childhood. And she just keeps writing! I swear every time I go to a bookshop there’s something new by her. I want to know what keeps her inspired to write, because I always end up procrastinating
- Eoin Colfer. He introduced me to my best friend. Also, I’m crazy in love with Artemis. And, hello, he’s IRISH
- John Flanagan. If I was brave enough, I’d yell at him. I loved loved loved Ranger’s Apprentice. Then book 10 happened… Why? Why would you do that?!?
- Judith Kerr. What do you mean I can only do ten? How could I forget where my love of historical fiction came from? Not to mention the only kid’s book to make me cry
So, there’s my list! It was hard narrowing it down to just eleven… How did you guys do? Is there anyone one here you’ve met? I’ve never met a famous author, and it makes me want to even more desperately