Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
All Time Favourite Authors
Wow. Gee guys, thanks. Cause that’ll be super easy… I’ve tried to stick to people who I’ve read multiple books from, not just one series
- Marian Keyes. You must have seen that coming, right? I mean, hello, she created the Walsh family!
- Roald Dahl. His books are so cute! Even if they are for kids
- J.K. Rowling. Okay, I’ve only read Harry Potter. But it’s amazing enough to give her a spot
- Richelle Mead. She created Rose AND Adrian, and gave both of them fabulous series
- Jacqueline Wilson. She writes children’s books, but I still love them all
- Rainbow Rowell. I’ve just re-read Eleanor and Park, and it was just as fabulous the first time around
- Michael Morpurgo. I haven’t read anything of his in a long time, but I went through a phase of being totally obsessed
- John Marsden. I loved the Tomorrow series, but there were other books of his I loved too!
- Cathy Cassidy. Another author I was obsessed with for a while, and really should re-read
- Chris Higgins. She brought us Jem, and for that I love her. Plus her other books are pretty cool too
Controversial note: John Green didn’t make the list because he isn’t that great. Don’t get me wrong, the Fault In Our Stars made me cry like a little girl. But that was as good as he got!
So, there’s my list! Who did you have on yours? Who should I be checking out, judging by my choices? Who do you completely disagree with?
And on the subject of authors: what would you all think of author profiles? I’d feature a different author every week, and talk about what I like/dislike about them, what they write, who they are as people. I’d do author’s like the ones above, and maybe even authors with lesser-known books that want promoting. Thoughts?