1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes! I’m fine on the bus, but for some reason can’t handle it in the car
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
There’s so many! The best one I can think of is Tahereh Mafi, who writes Shatter Me. The descriptions in that are seriously beautiful
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
HARRY POTTER!!! Because
1. We’ve made such a tight community. Twilight was a phase, I don’t know anyone who still reads it. But there are new generations of people reading Harry Potter all the time
2. Rowling is a genius. She’s made up that world, to such amazing detail. My mum also mentions the board at St Mungo’s with what’s on each floor. It adds nothing to the plot, but she’s really thought about what she’s put on there
3. The characters are so relatable. There are love triangles in so many YA books, but I’ve never been in one, or know someone who’s been in one. And, okay, no, I’ve never been stalked by a murderer either. But I’ve been teased for being a nerd like Hermione. I’ve been the kid with no friends at a new school like Harry. I’ve felt overshadowed by other people like Ron. They have real fears, and so much depth. Bella’s biggest worry is that the vampire might not love her
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don’t really. Sometimes if I’m going somewhere on a bus or train I bring a book, but it’s more a handbag with my phone and wallet (and whatever else I need to go to that place), then add a book to the normal stuff. I hope that made sense…
5. Do you smell your books?
Of course! One of my favourite places in the world is the second hand book shop, because you can smell the old books. I want to bottle it and use it as a perfume
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I don’t especially mind. Sometimes they’re seriously gorgeous (like in Dear Alison), but some books just wouldn’t suit illustrations
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight. Also this one fanfiction I was utterly obsessed with. I rewrote my own versions of it (with different characters), I wrote pretend sequels and prequels, I read it a thousand times. Then just a few months ago I found it again. It’s… Well, the plot is still interesting, but it’s very poorly executed
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Is it bad that I can’t think of any? I just… Read. I was normal! But I am interested in hearing other people’s stories, so go on 🙂
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
I’ve done an Exploring My Bookshelves post on it here. It’s Dear Alison, 72 pages
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I’ve also done an Exploring My Bookshelves post on this, but I lied by accident. I forgot I own Clash of Kings!
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love to write, but I’m not very good as persevering. I get great ideas, and for a while I’m really enthusiastic about it. But then I remember how difficult it is to write a full book… So yes, I want to be an author. I just need to be more stubborn about it
12. When did you get into reading?
My mum used to read to me when I was little, so I’ve loved books as long as I can remember
13. What is your favourite classic book?
I’ve only read one that I can remember, Little Women. Don’t worry, I will read more eventually!
14. In school what was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Wait, does that make grammatical sense? My best subjects are English and history, and media studies is my other favourite
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would re-read it, just to confirm how bad it is. But hopefully there would be a return thing, so I could swap it. I’d just tell the gift giver I already own it
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
This is one of my pet peeves. There is nothing. They are both unique books. All books are unique. I hate hate hate when people say on the back of books that “it’s the next Harry Potter”. No it isn’t. STOP.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Well, in case you didn’t notice, I’m quite disorganised. I’m also terrible and remembering to get back to people. If someone comments on my blog, I like to comment on theirs. But I never remember!
18. What is your favourite word?
I don’t have just one, but the most recent word I’ve fallen in love with is haboob. Say it out loud. Go on. It’s a weird dust storm they get in Arizona. HABOOB.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, just because I’ve read a lot more with them in it.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, I suppose. I can’t think of any angel books I’ve read apart from Fallen, which I DESPISED
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
At the moment spirits. I’m feeling rather anti-werewolf, because I’m just not enjoying Shiver
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. I don’t think I’ve read a single zombie book! If you can recommend a good one, let me know
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. I HATE love triangles. Sometimes they’re okay, but most of the time it’s a girl leading a guy on while loving someone else
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I need something fluffy and light, sometimes I need something intense
So, there you go! Send me a link if you’ve already done this tag. Check out the two blogs I found this on. Let me know what you’re surprised about.
Of course, any of you can do this tag! But as part of my celebrating 100 followers (even though it’s gone way up now!) I tag my next 10 followers: