Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten for, and we do! This week…
Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have
- Too many books, too little time. I think everyone suffers with this one. My TBR list is getting out of control, and I’m back at school and just can’t keep up! And I forget how long it takes me to actually read, so I start a whole lot of books at once…
- Not enough bookish friends. Basically you guys are it. I have one other person who sometimes reads, but not nearly enough. And she sometimes reads weird books that I would never be interested in
- Falling for the bad guys. I know, I know, it’s terrible. I don’t mean bad boys, like Jace Wayland. I mean bad GUYS, like Luke from Percy Jackson
- Lack of bookmarks. I swear there’s a hidden universe full of bobby pins, socks, and bookmarks… And no, I won’t fold the page. I refuse!
- Forgetting the plot. Not like the major plot line, but the little bits. Then the sequel will reference them and I don’t remember what happened in book one, which is really frustrating
- Hating the main character. I really really can’t stand main characters. I’m 30 pages into Throne of Glass, and I love her, but that’s about it. It’s Harry Potter’s one flaw – I hate Harry
- Ruining a book through English analysis. Sometimes I think they could be really good books, but I can never read them again without going “ah, yes, the sandwich representing the flaws in their family”. (this isn’t even a random example. Our teacher ACTUALLY TOLD US THAT in the War of the Worlds film). I wanted to post the original picture for this, but it was really rude!
- Movies that ruin the image of the characters. I’m sure I’m not alone here. We picture the character one way, and the movie has them with straight hair when it’s absolutely frizzy (Hermione)
- Keeping up with reviews. I get so behind! Any time I have a free minute I’m trying to read, or (like right now) do some different blog posts. I’m only three books behind at the moment, I’m pretty proud of that
- Trying to read according to challenges. I just finished Little Women for my 105 challenge, and I mostly hated it. But I had to stick with it so I could use it for my challenge! It can be pretty annoying really
So, there are my top ten! Send me a link to yours, and vent with me if we have ones that are the same 🙂