I’m not a very adventurous reader. I like to read YA books, and that’s it. Hardly anything else. However, within YA I read (at least I think I do) lots of different genres. So here’s my top five for each YA genre I’ve read from. This is my sixth one, and my second to last…
1) Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. What, you’re surprised? Come on, really? It’s only the greatest series ever of all time. I mean, she’s a goddess personified. She’s an angel. I want to be her, and be her best friend
2) Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. I still have one book to go, but so far I love it. I really do care about all of them. And I actually like the main character! That’s so rare for me! But he’s all cute and stuff 😛
3) Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. Another main character I love. I mean, he is a skeleton, but I forgive him. It’s so good I love the minor characters too. Please, oh please, let me be a Dead Man. If I can’t get to Hogwarts, that’s what I really want
4) Georgia Nicolson Diaries by Lousie Rennison. Just… Dave. Oh, Dave. The Ace Gang are the kind of girls I hate at school, but it’s nice to watch them from a safe distance. Dave, though. I want Dave a hell of a lot closer to me…
5) Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. This was done so beautifully. The races are reversed, so blacks are superior. It is seriously amazing. The characters were meh, but I fell too in love with the plot to care
As per usual, let me know what’s wrong, what’s right, and what I’m missing. Don’t worry, I will read the Heroes of Olympus, as soon as I’m done with Percy! And I’m getting there with City of Bones! My last one is coming up next 🙂 I want to do another segment similar to this, because it was fun! Any suggestions?