This is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They tell us what to write our top ten list for, and we do! This week…
Top Five Things I Like When It Comes To Romances In Books
- The popular guy and the nerdy girl. They just don’t go together at all, and, speaking as a nerdy girl, I know it’ll never happen. But it’s sweet to watch
- The cliché big actions. You know, writing “I love you” in the sky, turning up on the doorstep at 3 in the morning. It makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside 😀
- People who change for the better. Like how James changed for Lily! Snape didn’t, so how could you like him better? That’s why those two are perfect!
- Couples who have massive fights but stick together. Sometimes they need to be slapped, but like in Landline they get back together (actually they got married) and I love it
- Little inside jokes. “Okay?” “Okay”.
Top Five Things I Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books
- Unnecessary love triangles. Sometimes they’re okay, but sometimes they aren’t making an important plot point and grr
- Couples who are completely whipped. I know, I know, but that’s not what number 4 said! But when someone cheats on you, you get out. Full stop. No arguments. And yes, I’m aware these two are brother and sister, but the gif works so well!
- When you can tell the couple’s going to get together on page one, but they try to make it a surprise. Anna and the French Kiss… Sometimes it’s okay, but most of the time it isn’t!
- Couples that break up even though nothing goes wrong. If they fight a lot, I’ll allow it. But sometimes it’s just to make the book more interesting. These two aren’t a book couple, but they broke up A LOT, and they were so perfect!!
- Bad boys. I’m sorry, but how can you like Will Herondale? Or Jace what’s-his-face? There’s liking fictional bad guys, then there’s falling for guys who treat you badly. Sorry, nope, I don’t allow it
So, there’s my list! I really need to read back through it and fix my writing, because I know Tristan and Lara have some of those flaws… Send me a link to your top ten’s, and tell me what you thought of mine!