One of my New Years Resolutions was to post more about me. And, well, I haven’t been doing so well… So today I’m trying! I’ll list 16 (because that’s how old I am) things I love, and later on I’ll do 16 things I hate. Most of them are little, obscure ones, the ones you wouldn’t guess
- Anything vanilla. I’m about 99% sure that angels wear vanilla scented things. They just have to! I have vanilla moisturiser, and I put it on all the time!
- Second hand book shops. Again, they smell really good. Plus, they’re cheap!
- The water. I love to swim! In New Zealand, we all live half an hour away from the sea (or round about), and my family goes there a lot. I’ve been to Rarotonga, look how gorgeous it is!
- Giraffes. They are by far my favourite animal. I’ve fed one, and it was AMAZING. Their tongues are all long and cool
- Little kids. I’m a Brownie leader, and I love all my little girls to death. They’re seriously adorable
- Travel. I haven’t done nearly enough, even though I’ve done more than all my friends. I want to go absolutely everywhere
- Musicals. Specifically Mamma Mia, Grease, Chicago, and Burlesque. Oh, and High School Musical, because SHARPAY
- Blue eyes. Not just because mine are blue, but because they’re always beautiful. Especially the bright blue ones that stare into your soul. How beautiful is this baby?!?
- Pianos. I can’t play myself, but I’d love to be able to. Piano players always look so pretty and delicate
- Anything I can’t do. Art and craft, sport, baking, even touching your nose with your tongue. You name it, I want to know more
- Cheesy romance. I love the happy ending, the fake-but-beautiful lines, the kissing in the rain, the candles and bubble baths *swoon*
- Rain on the roof. There’s nothing better then being snuggled up in bed, and you don’t have to get up in the morning, and the rain buckets down above you
- Dollhouses. Even though I haven’t touched mine in years, I can’t bear to give it away. It was bad enough giving up my Barbies! I love the detail of dolls and their furnishings. When I’m rich, my daughter will have the best dolls house she could possibly imagine, with all the food and toys and shops that go with them
- Stereotypes. I want to make sure they’re all true. I want to drink tea in England, have a locker in American high school. It disappoints me that I’m blonde but not dumb
- Watching sport. My family does nothing else, especially during world cups. I can’t count how many tennis games we’ve watched in the Australian Open, plus the tournament in New Zealand before that. My parents are going to cricket games in the world cup next month, and I can’t wait for the rugby world cup this year!!
- Nicknames. I think it’s really sweet when someone cares about you enough to give you a nickname, and no one else calls you that. My friend Sian (Siananan) calls me Tor-Tor the Dinosaur 😛
So, there’s my list! Anything you hate that I’ve listed? Any you agree with? I challenge you all to do your own list with your age! Make sure you send me a link if you do