I’m not a very adventurous reader. I like to read YA books, and that’s it. Hardly anything else. However, within YA I read (at least I think I do) lots of different genres. So here’s my top five for each YA genre I’ve read from. This is my third one…
These are based mostly on the world that’s been created, because it was just easier that way. And yes, I know it’s similar to fantasy!
- Maze Runner series by James Dashner. Well, okay, I lie, I loved the writing in this one too. But the world was awesome too. I just need to read the third one!
- The Selection by Kiera Cass. Note I didn’t sat THE SERIES. Because book one America – greatest heroine in a long time. Book two? Meh. Book three? GUN, PLEASE. I love the idea of a competition to get the Prince though. Sign me up!
- Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. There aren’t enough words for how much I loved this. The whole idea about being able to read people’s thoughts is amazing. And a world without girls? How did they manage?
- Tomorrow When the War Began series by John Marsden. Being a New Zealander, we have a mutual hate with Australians (sorry guys!). But I forgave these characters. Especially Homer. Plus it was one of those books that could actually happen in real life, which I like.
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty. A lot of people didn’t like this. I’m either unique, or read it back when I was less critical. It had flaws, believe me, but it was such a cool idea. Only kids can have babies. These parents are practically selling their children! It’s so interesting
As always, tell me what you disagree with, or what you think I should add. And if you want, tell me what genre to do next!