I’m not a very adventurous reader. I like to read YA books, and that’s it. Hardly anything else. However, within YA I read (at least I think I do) lots of different genres. So here’s my top five for each YA genre I’ve read from. This is my second one…
- Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. Do I really need to explain why? Everything about this series is perfect. How can anyone have an imagination that amazing?!?
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Another one where the world he’s created is so unique. Sometimes the books are a bit hard to follow, because there’s so many characters. But once you work out who’s who, pushing through is absolutely worth it
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This one I loved for the writing. I’ve only read the first one, I haven’t quite got around to the rest of the series. But I was hooked from start to finish with the first one!
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan. I have one book left to finish this series. I adored the first one, loved the fourth, and lived for the third. The second was okay. Basically I must be a half blood, or I will never be happy again
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Even though these are meant to be YA, and I read this as a kid, it has to be on this list. I devoured this book when I was younger. My best friend and I talked of almost nothing else.
Again, tell me what I’m missing, and what you disagree with. And, if you have a particular request for what genre you want to see next, all you have to do is ask!