I’m not a very adventurous reader. I like to read YA books, and that’s it. Hardly anything else. However, within YA I read (at least I think I do) lots of different genres. So here’s my top five for each YA genre I’ve read from. Starting with…
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. Basically anything this woman in writes is beautiful. And I want love like they have
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Okay, if we’re being realistic, Augustus shouldn’t be that perfect. It’s just not right. But he is. And I want my boyfriend to rush me away to Amsterdam. And give my parents flowers. And not have cancer…
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I didn’t like the book much, but Adam loved Mia oh so much. I don’t want to be Mia AT ALL, and I don’t particularly want Adam. But I want to be adored like that
- Georgia Nicolson Diaries by Louise Rennison. DAVE THE LAUGH. It was one of those books where Georgia went out with 100 different guys, but most of them were cool. Dave was the coolest. Dave loved Georgia, I loved Dave, and everyone lived happily ever after
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I’m sensing a pattern here… I don’t really like Sydney, I don’t especially like her and Adrian as a couple, but I love the way Adrian loves Sydney. He lives for her, and it’s beautiful. If at times a little sad (Silver Shadows…)
So, there’s my list! I think I have a problem with boys who love girls. Not the way the girls love them back, just the boys. Do any of you disagree? Do you think I’ve missed something off the list? Let me know!