If you missed it, here’s part one of my book slump analysis! https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/?p=167&preview=true
The second part of my slump is to know if I’m just going with the crowd. Do I really have my own individual taste in books? Or do I do as my friends asked? On my Goodreads read shelf (https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/11758600-victoria-scott?order=a&shelf=read&sort=avg_rating) these are my five lowest rated books.
1. Three Quarters Dead – Richard Perk. 2.77/5 stars
2. Girl Parts – John M. Cusick. 3.05/5 stars
3. Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imaginiation – Helen Fielding. 3.07/5 stars
4. Bumped – Megan McCafferty. 3.11/5 stars
5. True Stories of Heroes – Paul Downswell. 3.19/5 stars
So here’s my question – am I the yellow guy or the red guy? Do I huddle away with my buddies, afraid to stick out to much? Or am I the one with the little-loved books?
I’m afraid I’m not as out-there with my choices as I thought I was. Thinking back on it, most of my books are chosen from recommendations from friends, or bought in bookshops with them. But maybe (hopefully) you disagree. Again, let me know your thoughts!